ABOUT THE TRAINING
Personal development and transformation is the goal of this training through strong, intelligent regular yoga practice and weekly theory and dialogue based workshops for developing a strong foundation for teaching a Hot 26 +yoga class.
The training will focus on the most essential skills necessary to step into a classroom upon completion of the 15 weeks and teach a 90 minute Hot 26+ yoga class based on strength, clear instruction and the specifics of practicing yoga in a hot room.
Students who are interested in participating should bear in mind that this will be a physically and emotionally demanding course. It will require a strong commitment.
A minimum four (4) Yoga Intense (HOT)/Hot 26+ classes per week are compulsory.
Both the Thursday and Saturday Teacher Training sessions include a 90 minute Yoga Intense (HOT) class.
You need to schedule the additional 2 Yoga Intense (HOT)/Hot 26+ classes into your weekly routine.
DRESS CODE FOR PRACTICING YOGA INTENSE (HOT)/HOT 26+ YOGA
Clothing must be form fitting.
Wear shorts and a vest or bra top.
NO baggy T-Shirts or pants and no leggings.
Asana – The 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises as performed in a Yoga Intense (HOT) class.
- In depth study of basic alignments for each posture
- In depth study of Savasana and why we repeat it in the floor series
- Dialogue, for effective teaching of asana
- Become confident in keeping your students safe, hydrated and well informed while practicing in the Hot room
- Benefits and potential risks of each posture
- Adjustments, physical and verbal
- The key principals of balance
- The spine and its significance in the Yoga Intense (HOT)/Hot 26+ yoga practice
- The mirror and why we use it
- Hot pregnancy series
- Introduction to yoga anatomy – organs and systems of the body, skeletal system and muscular system.
- Study all the major joints – movements, restrictions, muscular system, physiology, postural muscles.
- Understand the muscular system – muscles for movement and alignment in the 26 Yoga Intense (HOT) asanas (postures)
CPR & BASIC 1ST AID COURSE
- Classical Yoga of Patanjali
THE YOGA DIET & THE THREE DOSHAS (3 main mind/body principles that create special mental and physical characteristics)
SUPERFOODS PRESENTATION BY NICOLA BENTLEY
- Realizing your key motivations for teaching
- Voice Training, establishing your teaching voice
- Intro and closing for classes
- The art of Good Demonstrations
- Ethics of a teacher
- Confident and Welcoming Body Language
INERESTED STUDENTS MUST
- Have a deep desire to learn and personally explore the deeper dimensions of yoga
- Have a minimum of 6 months of regular yoga practice
- Be free of any major injuries going into the training
- Have a learnable and teachable attitude
- Be fully committed and understand that 100% full attendance is required
- Be willing for forgo most other personal or professional commitments for the duration of the course
The mediocre teacher tells
The good teacher explains
The superior teacher demonstrates
The great teacher inspires.
– William Arthur Ward