1st Timer Special
Joburg Residents Only
Spend R300 to buy you 10 consecutive days of yoga. This means you have 10 DAYS to do as much yoga as you want.
- Mat rental is free for the duration of your 1st Timer Special.
- If you miss a day, you forfeit that day and continue to do as much yoga as you can with the remaining days of the 10.
- You can only do the 1st Timer Special ONCE. If you did it a few years ago and never came back to yoga and have decided to give it another try, you will need to buy a single class or a contract.
- We are not responsible for how you use your 1st Timer Special so please use it wisely – do lots of yoga in your 10 days.
- 1st Timer Specials are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- You may attend any Yoga Class on the schedule.
All You Need To Know For Your First Class
Types of Yoga – You may be coming to Yoga Experience especially for Yoga Intense (HOT), in which case please read all about Yoga Intense (HOT). However, we have a wide variety of other yoga styles available to you. It does not matter which class you come to first. Educate yourself on the different types of yoga on our “TYPES OF YOGA” page and you will soon discover a style that resonates with you. If one style does not suit you then try another. Use your 1st Timer Special to get yourself acquainted with the studio and yoga.
Arrive half an hour early to pay and register. If you are new to Yoga Intense (HOT), make sure you are taught the 1ST breathing exercise.
Wear: For Yoga Intense (HOT), please wear form Fitting clothes in the form of shorts or leggings and a gym style top. You need to be able to see your body. Do not come dressed in Baggy clothes. We like to say, “ Dress as if you are going to the beach.” If your 1st class is not a hot class then simply wear comfortable clothes you can move in. We practice yoga barefoot.
Bring a towel big enough to fit your mat (beach or bath size) and a bottle of water. We sell water at the studio and we have purified water for you to drink.
Eat: Come on an empty stomach. Avoid eating one to three hours before class. A small quantity of simple, easily digestible food is recommended for the meal prior to class. Come with stable blood sugar.
Hydrate Yourself: Remember, the room is heated to 40 degrees centigrade in Yoga Intense (HOT), so come well hydrated. Drink lots of water the day before you come to your 1st class. The water you drink one hour before class is not the water you need during class.
Injuries: Please make the teacher aware of any injuries or medical conditions you have. This class is designed for all levels of fitness, but if you have special medical conditions, please consult your doctor first.
During class, do your best, keep an open mind and a sense of humour, breathe and take nothing personally. After class, cool down and put on dry clothes. Drink lots of water. If you have a headache or feel nauseous, drink an electrolyte beverage to replace the minerals you have lost from sweating. Come back the next day even and especially if you are sore.