ABANDON THE COMPETITIVE MIND SET
- Yoga is absolutely non-competitive. It is also not merely a physical fitness workout program.
- Yoga is done barefoot. Please remove your shoes and leave them outside. Shoe shelves are provided.
- If your feet are less than clean, please wash them before entering the studio.
- No perfume or oils before class. If you have them on from the beginning of the day, wash them off before you come to class.
- If you smoke, do not wear any of the clothes you smoked in, and, please, brush your teeth.
- Please remember to take all of your clothes and towels after class.
- Cleanliness and showering: Please always shower the day you come to class. Although we sweat and work hard, you should still come to class clean.
- Mats and towels are a must. Washcloths are optional.
- Whether you are walking in or out of the yoga room, close the door behind you.
- Please do not talk on your cell phone anywhere in the studio
- Class starts promptly. NO late arrivals will be admitted. Yoga is a discipline. Be on time and don’t expect to leave before the full 90 minutes are up.
- Please do not talk in the yoga studio before, during, or after class.
- We have a box for constructive comments, suggestions, or concerns. Please leave your name and number so we can contact you.
- If you are sick, please wait to come to class until you are on the mend. You don’t want to get your fellow yogis and teacher sick. If you want to blow your nose, please do not use a washcloth! Use a tissue and throw it away.
Thanks for your understanding and support. Please let us know if we can answer any questions.
The practise of yoga is very popular amongst men. It is an excellent complement to all forms of exercise in that it creates strength, flexibility, and balance in the body, as well as increases and improves one’s lung capacity. A healthy body is one that is both strong and flexible. Yoga also strengthens and focuses the mind.