ABOUT THE TRAINING
Personal development and transformation is the goal of this training through strong, intelligent regular yoga practice and weekly theory and dialogue-based workshops for developing a strong foundation for teaching a Hot 26+ yoga class.
The training will focus on the most essential skills necessary to step into a classroom upon completion of the 15 weeks and teach a 90-minute Hot 26+ yoga class based on strength, clear instructions and the specifics of practising yoga in a hot room.
Students who are interested in participating should bear in mind that this will be a physically and emotionally demanding course. It will require a strong commitment.
- A minimum four (4) Yoga Intense (HOT)/Hot 26+ classes per week are compulsory
DRESS CODE FOR PRACTICING YOGA INTENSE (HOT)/HOT 26+ YOGA:
- Clothing must be form-fitting
- Wear shorts and a vest or a bra top
- NO baggy T-Shirts or pants and no leggings
Asana – The 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises as performed in a HOT 26+ class
- In-depth study of basic alignments for each posture
- In-depth study of Savasana and why we repeat it in the floor series
- Dialogue for effective teaching of asana
- Become confident in keeping your students safe, hydrated and well informed while practising in the Hot room
- Benefits and potential risks of each posture
- Adjustments, both physical and verbal
- The key principals of balance
- The spine and its significance in the (HOT)/Hot 26+ yoga practice
- The mirror and why we use it
- Hot pregnancy series
- Meditation and Yoga Philosophy
- Karma Yoga
THE YOGA DIET & THE THREE DOSHAS (Three main mind/body principles that create special mental and physical characteristics)
SUPERFOODS PRESENTATION BY NICOLA BENTLEY
- Realising your key motivations for teaching
- Voice Training, establishing your teaching voice
- Intro and closing for classes
- The art of Good Demonstrations
- Ethics of a teacher
- Confident and Welcoming Body Language
INTERESTED STUDENTS MUST:
- Have a deep desire to learn and personally explore the deeper dimensions of yoga
- Have a minimum of 6 months of regular yoga practice
- Be free of any major injuries going into the training
- Have a learnable and teachable attitude
- Be fully committed and understand that 100% full attendance is required
- Be willing to forgo most other personal or professional commitments for the duration of the course
“The mediocre teacher tells.
The good teacher explains.
The superior teacher demonstrates.
The great teacher inspires.”
– William Arthur Ward